Richmont's Admissions Process
All applications to Richmont are reviewed by the Admissions Committee on a rolling basis. The Committee reviews all applications from a holistic approach taking all aspects of the application into consideration. If you have any questions, please contact our Admissions team.
Attend an Admissions Event
Get to know Richmont through one of our admissions events! Information Sessions provide an overview of the Richmont experience, Preview Days introduce our School of Counseling, and Open Houses present our School of Ministry. View our upcoming events below to register.
School of Counseling Preview Days
On Ground campuses (virtual event)*
*On Ground refers to both Atlanta and Chattanooga campuses
School of Ministry Open Houses
Doctor of Ministry Open Houses
Choose Your Program of Study
Richmont’s training occurs within the context of a structured curriculum and supervisory relationships and is designed to equip graduates to facilitate spiritual growth, mental health, and relational healing.
School of Counseling
- Develop strong clinical skills through academic training, hands-on experience, and personal and spiritual growth.
- Earn an accredited degree that prepares you for licensure as a Professional Counselor.
- Integrate spirituality and counseling.
- Counsel in a variety of settings, journeying with the client toward healing and wholeness.
School of Ministry
Review the Admissions Requirements
Please review the specific requirements for your desired program.
- School of Counseling application form with a $50 nonrefundable application fee (payable online)
- One official transcript from each college attended
- Three completed reference forms. These include one character reference, one pastoral reference, and one reference from a former professor/recent employer
- A professional essay
- A resume of vocational experience
- School of Ministry application form with a $50 nonrefundable application fee (payable online)
- One essay response
- A resume with education, work, and volunteer experience
- An official transcript from each college attended
- Doctor of Ministry application form with a $50 nonrefundable application fee (payable online)
- An acknowledgment that the applicant has reviewed the Statement of Faith
- A 40 hours Master’s degree with 11 hours of Bible and Theology in Ministry or a related field of study
- Three completed reference forms:
- Pastoral Reference
- Character reference
- Academic or professional reference
- Academic Writing Sample
- Personal Interview with the Dean of the School of Ministry and Program Director
- A personal statement that outlines the applicant’s intent behind applying for the Doctor of Ministry at Richmont. Said application must be between 500 to 700 words typed, double-spaced.
Submit Your Application
Get started on your path to becoming a Richmont student! If you have any questions when navigating the application process, contact the Admissions Team.
Richmont reviews applications on a “rolling basis.” This means that once you submit the application, we will review and let you know of a decision within approximately four weeks. As such, we encourage you to submit your application prior to the deadlines listed below. Applications may be accepted after the final deadline on a space-available basis only. Please contact the admissions office to discuss applying after the final deadline has passed.
Paying for Graduate School
We want to help you make the dream of attending Richmont a reality. Linked below, please find financial assistance opportunities that we offer to help make Richmont’s tuition affordable for those who otherwise might not be able to attend.
What to Expect After You Apply
Timelines vary based on the point in the admissions cycle, but applicants can expect to hear back from an admissions counselor within four weeks of submitting applications.
Accepted applicants will receive an email from the director of admissions in addition to a formal letter of acceptance in the mail.
Each applicant is assigned an admissions counselor who will connect if additional information or documentation is needed.